I’d like to acquaint you with my counseling practice and the services I offer. Selecting a therapist who's a good fit for you is an important step toward a positive and valuable experience.
Personal counseling can be a very helpful experience, often a turning point during a challenging season of life. I offer the opportunity to bring fresh insight and clarity into your situation in a way that is often difficult to achieve on your own.
My counseling model draws from some excellent and highly regarded systems of therapy. In addition to solid Cognitive Therapy techniques, I am a certified EMDR Therapist (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), a certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, and trained in Trauma Recovery.
My therapy approach emphasizes one or more of the following, depending on your needs:
- Providing practical feedback, support and guidance to address current issues.
- Help with relationship difficulties.
- Help with deeper, personal struggles that affect your sense of well-being.
- Addressing abuse or trauma that is currently impacting your life and relationships.
- Individual and group debriefing/processing for critical incidents for first responders.
Conveniently located between Santa Barbara and Goleta, I provide counseling and psychotherapy for older teens, adults, young adults, couples and seniors.